Last week in cloud computing: AWS tweaked Elastic Beanstalk, Dynamo DB and Elasticache, while Microsoft clarified future plans for Forefront.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk provisioning service now supportsDocker as a runtime environment. Check the linked announcement post for a detailed walkthrough on how to set it up/
- The AWS DynamoDB database has enhanced its options for filtering queries and performing conditional updates. You can now filter using non-key attributes, and use multiple conditionals to determine if a specific item is updated.
- AWS has enhanced its ElastiCache in-memory clustering service with the ability to backup and restore entire Redis clusters. More details here.
- Amazon RDS can now run MySQL 5.6, a step up on the previously offered 5.5 version. Upgrade instructions are here.
- As we reported last week, Microsoft Forefront will change its name to Microsoft Identity Services when the next version appears in 2015. Enhanced Azure integration is one of the main features of the next release.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..