Last week in cloud computing: updates galore for Azure coinciding with the Build 2014 conference; AWS Elastic Beanstalk adds Ruby 2.0 support.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Build 2014 saw Microsoft launch dozens of new Azure options, including support for Hadoop 2.2 and new website backup options. Scott Guthrie’s blog has good overview of all the new options.
- Azure Automation, which allows user to automate System Center tasks using PowerShell scripts, has been launched as a preview. The service is free to use during the preview period, though we’re guessing it will be a paid-for option when it officially launches.
- Another Azure preview launched during the week was OpenID Connect.
- The management portal for Azure has added the ability to control Azure Rights Management. More details here.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk has added support for Ruby 2.0 applications.
- Amazon RDS had added support for Oracle’s GoldenGate replication service. More details here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..