We’ve highlighted some of Joergermeister’s desktops before, but this one makes us long for the old school. Some icon tweaks, a nice desktop, and this Windows 8 system has a unique look and feel. Here’s how he set it up.
Joergermeister’s desktops tend to centre around a good-looking wallpaper, but with customisation tweaks and skins to match. Here’s what you’ll need if you want to make your desktop look like this one:
- The Retro Wave wallpaper by Aleksei Rykov
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The After Yesterday skin for Rainmeter to create the clock
- The Vinyl skin for Rainmeter for the music player
- The Retrofukation Icons icon pack to replace the taskbar icons and the desktop icons
- DisplayFusion to put the Start menu right on the desktop and to run Metro apps on the desktop
- Stardock Decor8 to put different wallpapers on the deskop and the Start screen
- The Retrofukation 8 visual style for Windows
You can take or leave as much or as little as you choose. All in all, we think the finished product looks good. If you want some tips on setting this up on your Windows machine, head over to Joergermeister’s Flickr page to ask him how he set everything up. Let him know we sent you!
Pimp My Desktop Part 53 [Flickr]