Ollie Terrance wanted a desktop that offered enough space to work, kept the taskbar out of the way, but still gave him quick access to a few useful things, like his music player. This is what he created and what you'll need to set it up on your computer.
One of the great things about this setup is that Ollie incorporated the fact that he likes to rotate his desktops (every 10 minutes!) while he's working, something I enjoy doing as well (although not quite so frequently!) He left open plenty of space to work, made the taskbar small and pinned to the left, and the other widgets are spaced out nicely. Here's what you'll need to get a similar look and feel:
- The wallpaper from NewEvolutionDesigns (who's hosting a collection from multiple sources around the web)
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Elegant Clock skin for Rainmeter for the time and date in the lower right
- MediaMonkey's mini player in the upper right, wearing the Pulse skin (which is included with MediaMonkey)
- The Shine 2.0 Windows theme to personalise the overall look and feel of Windows
- Transparency Cursors 2 to customise the Windows cursor
- The 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to shrink and customise the taskbar so it takes up less space, hide the Start button, and make it a bit smaller
That's all there is to it this time. There's only one Rainmeter skin, and a number of other apps that simply customise the look and feel without detracting from the overall performance of the system. It's a good, simple look that's easy to set up and personalise.
Minimal Desktop for Maximum Workspace [Ollie Terrance]