Money can be tight when you’re studying, but there’s one big advantage: you can receive student discounts on all sorts of goods. Here are the best permanent student tech discounts in Australia.
Currency picture from Shutterstock
We’ve rounded up the most prominent deals we know of below, but it’s always worth asking if a student discount or other concession is available. Keep your university-issued ID with you at all times, and don’t be afraid to enquire politely if there are any student deals on offer.
Microsoft offers a number of student-specific deals:
- Office 365 for University costs $99 for a four-year subscription (as opposed to $119 per year for the regular edition)
- Windows 8.1 Pro Student is $69.99 (rather than $259)
- You can also save 10 per cent on Surface and Xbox, and 25 per cent on accessories. That’s a decent deal, though you might beat it with shopping around.
Adobe also offers some solid student edition offers:
- Creative Cloud is $14.99 a month (rather than the regular $49.99 a month)
- Acrobat Pro is $89 (a big saving on $637)
- Photoshop Lightroom is $99 (rather than $186)
- Photoshop Elements 12 and Premier Elements 12 is $149.99 (down from $129.99 for each product)
Apple has a specific store for university buyers, though much of the product it sells is the same price as regular gear.
Know of additional deals we should include here? Tell us in the comments.