Last week in cloud computing: AWS beefed up its EC2 management console and added multi-factor authentication support, while Azure enhanced its authentication library for Active Directory.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- The latest version of the Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL) for Azure lets you use both .NET and Windows Store libraries in a single package. More details here.
- If you've been experiencing issues in rolling out Azure Pack 2013 Update Rollout 1, this post offers a few fix suggestions.
- Amazon has enhanced the AWS EC2 console, adding the ability to clone security group rules, deep link between different EC2 instances and compare spot prices across different availability zones. More details here.
- AWS also added the ability to require multi-factor authentication (MFA) on any Amazon account, More details and a basic implementation walkthrough here.
- Finally in AWS, the Trusted Advisor service can now identify opportunities to use CloudFront to improve performance reduce costs. More details here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..