Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: turn your PlayStation 4 into a wooden artwork, the gadgets you should buy in 2014, Final Fantasy cosplay hacks.
- Do you wish your PlayStation 4 was finished in beautiful wood? For $300, German company Balolo will make your dreams come true in either cherry, bamboo, walnut or zebra. Check out the photos here.
- Here are some cosplay makeup tips that will make you look like Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. (It helps if you're female and attractive, natch.)
- There are plenty of gadgets jostling for customers' attention this year. Thankfully, Gizmodo has assembled a shortlist of the most exciting products from all the major manufacturers. Read the recommendations here.
- Black Milk clothing has released a new clothing range inspired by Game Of Thrones including "dragon scale" outfits and a Westeros map mini dress. Here's a hilariously overproduced video of the new clothes in action.
- In the 1920s, the French magazine Le Petite Journal produced a series of covers depicting what the future would be like in 100 years' time. Click here to see how close they got it.
- How to win at online dating -- with maths!