Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Ubisoft’s massive weekend game sale on Steam, UFC’s Mark Hunt admits gaming addiction, the brilliant in-car touchscreen interface you never need to look at.
- Ubisoft is slashing the price of most of its PC games on Steam this weekend. The sale includes Rayman Legends, Far Cry 3 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist all for 35% off. Check out the rest of the deals here.
- UFC heavyweight MMA Mark Hunt is one of the toughest men in Australia. He also has a serious weakness for video games, which has occasionally caused his training to suffer. Read the interview over at Kotaku.
- Touchscreen displays in our cars aren’t going away anytime soon. So designer Matthaeus Krenn figured that now was as good a time as any to radically improve their interfaces, replacing grids of ugly buttons and options with an elegant and minimal multi-touch UI — -that the driver doesn’t need to look at. Watch the video here.
- In other future-auto news, a self-driving car by vehicle-share service GoGet was recently spotted at the University of Sydney. Head to Gizmodo for all the details.
- You can currently get a World Class Collection Beers Giftpack from Dan Murphy’s for just $10.90. That’s just over $1 per beer. [Via OzBargain]