Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Australia to get Star Wars movie marathon, Harvey Norman "price blitz" computer sale, the making of the worst video game movies ever.
- 4 May is the official Star Wars Day; mainly so fans can yell “May the fourth be with you!”. In celebration, all six films will be returning to movie theatres in two separate movie marathons on 3 May and 4 May. The first marathon will consist of the prequels while the second will show the originals. Location details and session times for the “Star Wars May the 4th Be With You” Movie Marathon will be announced at a future date.
- Click here to watch a genius crow solve eight complex puzzles in perfect order. If he brought a mate along it would also be an attempted murder. Sorry.
- Video game movies get a pretty bum rap, and for the most part it is entirely derserved. This Gizmodo article takes a look at the story behind some of the worst offenders. [Warning: May contain traces of Uwe Boll.]
- For those who missed today's Hump Day Bargains post, Harvey Norman is running a computer 'Price Blitz' sale, with significant savings on laptops, tablets, headphones, video games and computing accessories. Some noteworthy deals we spotted include Philips' SHN2600 Noise Cancelling Earphones for $24, PlayStation 3 Move controllers for $5, the HP Envy X2 11-G001TU ultrabook for $688 and Saints Row The Third for $5 The sale ends at the end of the month.
- Do you wish you had more time to learn about history? Here’s an overview of World War 1 distilled into six minutes.
- Patient Zero is a real-world zombie experience where players take on the undead inside a 7000 square-metre warehouse armed with laser tag rifles. The event creators have just released their . latest video of the game in action and it looks amazing.