Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: NASA Curiosity shows view of Earth from Mars, geek celebrity's hairdo sparks internet stupidity, is the new Robocop the worst remake ever?
- This week, I was subjected to the remake of RoboCop. It wasn't very good.
- NASA has posted a picture of the Martian skyline taken by its Curiosity Mars rover that shows Earth glimmering in the background. Researchers used the left eye camera of Curiosity’s Mastcam to capture the scene about 80 minutes after sunset. Click here to be slightly underwhelmed.
- Here are nine facts that sound made up but are actually completely true. Our favourite: mammoths were alive when the Great Pyramid was being built.
- While they have always represented the peak of physical fitness, athletes' bodies have changed dramatically over the years. This interesting video reveals how sportsman have evolved from the 1920s to today.
- Felicia Day is an actress and gaming personality best known for the web series The Guild. A few months ago she decided to cut her hair extremely short to the outrage of sexist trolls across the internet. What happened next was kind of amusing.