Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, BioShock studio announces its closure, watch Kate Upton posing in zero gravity in a bikini for the betterment of science.
- The effect of zero gravity on the human body is well documented, but not while wearing a bikini. Sports Illustrated has attempted to rectify this glaring oversight by photographing a barely-clothed Kate Upton during a parabolic flight. Head to Gizmodo for all the scientific details. (By which we mean photos and videos, obviously.)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy is the latest big comic book movie from Marvel Studios, AKA the guys who brought you The Avengers. The first trailer has just been released. It features a talking, machine gun-totting raccoon and is therefore required viewing. Watch it here.
- More than 80,000 people recently banded together in a bid to control a single Pokémon trainer via Twitch chat. You can find out how this bizarre feat was achieved here and here. Gamers, eh?
- In other gaming news, the studio behind the popular BioShock series has announced it will be shutting down. In an unusual move, the head of Irrational Games has announced the decision to lay off most of his staff to concentrate on indie, narrative-based titles. Read the full report at Kotaku.
- Udemy is once again offering some of its online courses for free. Options this week include How to Get Hired - for Graduates, Build Your Business Without Breaking the Bank and iPhone App Programming for iOS 7. The usual price for these courses is up to $199. For more online bargains, be sure to check out our weekly Hump Day post.
- Did we mention the Kate Upton thing? Yeah. You really need to check it out.