iOS: VLC updated today with quite a few new features, most notably a new iOS 7-styled interface, integration with Google Drive, and the ability to stream videos from Dropbox.
When you start up VLC, you'll see the new startup tutorial that will walk you through some of the basic features. According to its entry in the App Store, this version of VLC also adds:
- Google Drive integration and Dropbox Streaming
- New multitouch gestures
- Improved library for TV shows and Audio
- Better UPnP integration, with downloading support
- New streaming formats and protocols supported
- Rewritten Wi-Fi upload
- Improved privacy when using Passcode Lock
- And so much more!
It's a pretty solid update, so if you were waiting for VLC to become a bit more powerful (compared to PlayerXtremeHD, our favourite player), this new version is worth a look. Hit the link below to check it out, or check out the full changelog here.
VLC for iOS [iTunes App Store]