You know what sucks about cake? Taking the time to make it, waiting for it to bake and cleaning all the dishes afterwards. But you know what’s great? Cake. Cake is great. So what if you could make it and eliminate all those problems? You’d have this recipe.
The folks over at Serious Eats devised a delicious microwave cake you can make in a single bowl so you don’t dirty too many dishes. Then you just microwave that bowl for five minutes and you have a fudge-filled chocolate cake. The ingredients go something like this:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cocoa, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup warm water
Take a 1.5L shallow microwave safe dish, mix the dry ingredients, then add the wet ones, mix it all up and microwave for five minutes. When the time is up, you’ve got cake! For further instructions, check out the full post on Serious Eats.
5 Minute Fudgy Chocolate Microwave Cake [Serious Eats]