Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: amazing real-world renders of Disney characters, get 10 per cent off Macs at JB Hi-Fi, advanced features of the Xbox One explored.
- JB Hi-Fi is running a familiar deal: 10 per cent off Apple computers. The deal excludes iPads and built-to-order Macs. Ends Sunday. Click here to see the full range.
- Have you ever wondered what Disney's stable of princesses would look like in real life? Well, wonder no longer. One talented artist has created photo-realistic renders of all your favourite heroines with their beautifully exaggerated features. Click here to see the gallery.
- The comedy webshow How It Should Have Ended has cast its eye on the latest Hobbit movie, and some of their observations are pretty funny. Click here for a bit of a chuckle. (Also check out my review of the movie while you're at it.)
- The Xbox One is more than just a games machine. The guys over at Kotaku have published a guide detailing some of its more advanced and little known features. This includes miracasting your Surface tablets, using wireless keyboards, accessing Spotify, playing HTML 5 games and setting up broadcast TV.
- The history of education technology is filled with noble failures and ambitious oddities that failed to enter the mainstream. Here are 15 technologies that were supposed to radically change the way that people were educated around the world -- with varying success.