Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: watch all the finalists from Tropfest 2013, National Geographic World Photo Awards, get up to 85% off deluxe watches from Kogan.
- Many people attempt to make short movies in their spare time; but few dare to tackle the fiendish intricacy of stop-motion animation. This is what makes Takahide Hori’s achievement so remarkable — over four years, he slowly created the first part of his underground opus despite having a full time job. You can check out the results over at Kotaku.
- In other short film-making news, the 2013 Tropfest finalists are now available to view on YouTube. We particularly liked Darkness (pictured above).
- The winners of the National Geographic World Photography Awards have been announced. Head over to Gizmodo to some some of the most striking submissions.
- It might not offer the best prices on Canon DSLRs, but Kogan is looking to make up for it with dirt-cheap watches. The online retailer will be selling Tag Heuer, Gucci, Tissot, Diesel, Casio and dozens of other luxury brands at up to 85 per cent off the RRP. It will also offer a range of Kogan brand watches including smart watches, GPS watches and heart-rate monitor watches. Click here to see the full range.
- EB Games is currently running a ‘Manic Monday’ sale with new deals popping up each hour. Some decent discounts we spotted include Grand Theft Auto V for $64, Battlefield 4 for $48 and Assassin’s Creed IV: BLack Flag for $55. Click here to see the rest of the deals.
- We’re rather fond of time-lapse nature videos. This latest creation by filmmaker Andrew Walker comprises 15,000 individual photos of North America’s natural beauty. Watch it and feel amazed.