Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Quickflix arrives on PlayStation 4, International Space Station time lapse in glorious 4K, the best pop music of 2013 gets mashed together.
- Quickflix went live on the Sony PlayStation 4 today, allowing PS4 owners to stream movies and TV shows on their console. "Quickflix has upgraded its service on both PlayStation platforms to feature Smooth Streaming technology enabling Standard and High Definition movies and TV shows to be streamed whilst automatically adapting quality and bit rate to give the best result without buffering," the company said in a statement. Price plans start at $14.99 per month for unlimited streamed content, and a choice of over 60,000 TV shows and movies via Quickflix’s online DVD and Bluray rental postal service.
- Do you feel like there's never enough time to see new movies at the cinema? This amazing 2013 trailer mashup will give you a taste of everything you missed out on.
- If you prefer to be wowed by reality, feast your eyes on this International Space Station time lapse shot in 4K -- it's truly epic stuff.
- Kotaku has invited its readers to nominate the gaming moments that emotionally destroyed them -- click here for a tearful trip down memory lane.
- Daniel Kim has just released Pop Danthology 2013; a mashup of all the number one dance hits of the year; from Robin Thicke to Miley Cyrus. You can also check out the 2012 video here.
- If you have an exercise fanatatic in your family, this Gizmodo fitness gift guide is essential reading -- it covers everything from fitness wristbands to sports headphones. Choice, bro!