Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Get the Fallout Collection from GoG.com for zero dollars, the top ten movie moments of the year, more eye-popping cosplay.
- What will be in store for laptops, ultrabooks and hybrids in 2014? This Gizmodo analysis piece looks at the roadmap ahead, with separate categories for CPUs, cameras, Chromebooks and more.
- For those who are going to travelling over the holiday season, here are some great hotel room exercise tips courtesy of PopSugar Health & Fitness. (Video)
- Earlier in the week, the South Australian government launched an anti-gambling ad linking video games to addictive behavior. The campaign was spearheaded by a billboard depicting a young girl at a gambling table while using her iPad. Predictably, the image has since become an internet meme via the wonders of Photoshop. Heads to Kotaku to see some of the funniest mashups.
- GoG.com is currently offering PC gamers the Fallout Collection for free. The collection includes Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. The deal is available for one day only, so get in quick! [Via OzBargain]
- What were the most talked about movie moments of 2013? An argument could be made that every single one of them came from Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity. Alternatively, here are PopSugar Celebrity’s Top 10 picks.
- If you’re looking to stock up your wine cellar for Christmas, pay a visit to the winemarket.com.au — the online claret specialists are currently throwing a sale with savings of over 80 per cent on selected items. You can also knock an additional $20 off the total price by entering the promotional code ‘HAPPAY’.
- It’s Friday and the year is nearly over, so here’s some more scintillating Cosplay for your viewing pleasure. You’re welcome. Also, cosplay Muppets.
[Note: This will be our final Briefly column for 2013 — catch you all next year!]