When you’re hit with inspiration it’s easy to just dive in and get to work. Other times, it takes a bit of effort to get yourself going. For those projects that you’re not sure about, author Todd Henry suggests that you start every project with the “Five Ws” to really ensure success.
Photo by puuikibeach.
In his book The Accidental Creative, Henry lays out the questions you should ask yourself:
1. Why is this a project to begin with?
2. What purpose does the work serve, what is the end-goal?
3. Who needs to be involved, and who is the project ultimately for?
4. When does it need to be completed and when are the project milestones (if there aren’t any, make some)?
5. Where will the work appear and where will it be worked on?
It’s a pretty simple set of questions that are worth asking for any project you take on, whether it’s for work or pleasure. He also offers one final question: “How will these objectives be accomplished?” to really get you going.