Chemicalist wanted something that wasn't cluttered and busy without also being cold, so he built this gorgeous, colourful desktop. We love the wallpaper, and we especially dig the informative widgets at the bottom of the display and how well everything fits.
If you want the same look for your Windows desktop, here's what you'll need:
- The In The Forest wallpaper from The Paper Wall (formerly featured in this Wallpaper Wednesday!)
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Simplicity skin for Rainmeter to create the HDD/SSD capacity meters
- The Encoded skin for Rainmeter for the time and the date
- The Desk Cloud 2 skin for Rainmeter to add the system monitors
- The Cabal skin for Rainmeter for the "Now Playing" widget
- The Mii System Skin 2 for the recycle bin
- The Eclipse 2 Icon Pack for the replacement system icons in the taskbar
It's quite a few components, but it only uses a few pieces of each, and it's really all Rainmeter, so it turns out nicely.
The Forest Hideaway Desktop [Chemicalist]