Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Coalition NBN will miss delivery target and make less money than FTTH, watch a PlayStation 4 get shot with a high-powered rifle, get 30 per cent off any book at Amazon.
- If you didn’t pre-order the PlayStation 4, your chances of getting one before Christmas are slim to zilch. If you’re feeling bitter, watch this video of a guy shooting a PS4 to death with a high-powered rifle; it’s strangely cathartic.
- A leaked report supposedly from Malcolm Turnbull’s ‘Blue Book’ estimates that the fibre to the node NBN will make less money than the network proposed by the Labor government and will miss proposed roll-out dates to boot. The advice contained in the Blue Book from experts says that the FTTN roll-out will struggle to complete the first stage of the 25Mbps network deployment by 2016, meaning that the delivery date of 2019 for 50Mbps services might also be pushed back. Read the full report at Gizmodo.
- Have you ever wondered what it feels like to be ejected from a fighter jet cockpit? These terrifying first-person video recordings give a pretty good indication.
- Business Insider recently asked 16 Australian entrepreneurs to share their most valuable life lessons; including quite a few of our Elevator Pitch subjects. Click here to read their insights.
- Amazon is currently offering 30 per cent off any book purchase when customers use the code ‘BOOKDEAL’. While shipping costs will take a bite out of your savings, this is still a good opportunity to get hold of some US-only titles that you can’t purchase in Australia.