Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Get up to $10,600 off Toyota’s Aurion AT-X, Xbox One Vs. PlayStation 4, IT Crowd returns!
- The cult British comedy The IT Crowd is returning for a one-off reuinion special. The IT Crowd: The Internet Is Coming will premiere on Wednesday 11th December at 9pm on ABC1. The episode’s plot will revolve around a spilt coffee, a homeless person and the internet (natch). Original cast members Chris O’Dowd, Richard Ayoade, Katherine Parkinson and Matt Berry are all back.
- Toyota has slashed up to $10,600 off the price of its Aurion AT-X which is now selling for $29990 drive away. The car boasts dual zone climate control, reverse camera, acoustic windshield and sound insulated cabin, 16in alloy wheels, 7 SRS airbags including driver’s knee airbag, electric driver’s seat with lumbar support, Bluetooth connectivity and a 6.1-inch touchscreen plus audio with six speakers. [Via OzBargain]
- Here’s a slightly more affordable deal for our new and expectant mum readers: Pumpkin Patch is currently having a Christmas sale across its entire site with nothing over $15. Save over 50 per cent. Click here to check out the deals.
- Last night, the Xbox One launched in Australia. The PlayStation 4 will be landing in a little under a week. So which console should you go for? Click here for the Gizmodo verdict.
- Online supermarkets could soon let online customers sample their wares thanks to a unique synthesiser that simulates various tastes on your tongue. The Singaporean creation uses a silver electrode placed on the tongue that artificially stimulates the regions responsible for tasting sweet, sour, salty and bitter flavours. Watch the video for a glimpse of the future.