Chrome: If you want to take your browsing powers to a whole new level, try this Chrome extension. Calling itself a “console for bookmarklets and scripts”, Backtick brings handy shortcuts for sharing pages, identifying fonts, downloading videos and much more to any page, accessible by pressing the backtick (‘) key.
With the extension installed, for example, after you hit the backtick key, you can start typing “share” and will see options to share the page on Facebook, Twitter, Buffer and the other usual suspects, as well as see how many times the page has been shared on social networks. Other useful built-in commands include:
- Viewing the cached version of a page or previous archived versions
- Submitting a page to Reddit
- Skipping past YouTube ads
- Save the page to Readability or Instapaper
- Check if the page is down for just you or for everyone
You can try out Backtick before installing it at the link below.
The Cheapest NBN50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.