iOS: While a keyboard certainly isn’t always useful with your iPhone or iPad, keyboard shortcuts certainly are. MacStories has started a running list of all the new shortcuts for Safari, Mail and Pages.
Photo by bfishadow.
For the most part, all the text-editing keyboard shortcuts have worked in iOS for a long time, but MacStories has collected a few of the new ones in iOS 7:
- ⌘L to Open Location
- ⌘T to open a new tab
- ⌘W to close the current tab
- ⌘R to refresh the current tab
- ⌘. to stop loading the current tab
- ⌘N to create a new message
- ⌘⇧D to send a message (from the Compose screen, it also works in other apps that implement a Mail sharing feature)
- Backspace key to delete the currently selected message
- Up/down arrows to select suggested email address in To/CC/BCC popover fields
- ⌘⇧K to comment
- ⌘⌥K to show next comment
- ⌘⌥⇧K to show previous comment
MacStories’ list is still growing, so head over there for the always updating list of new keyboard shortcuts.
A List of New iOS 7 Keyboard Shortcuts [MacStories]