Silvio Dante’s desktop is simple, focused and brings a lot of information to the party without compromising room to work and be productive. It works best on a nice wide display, and it’s easy to set up. Here’s how he did it.
If you have a 24-inch or 27-inch display (or larger!) Silvio’s setup will look right at home. It would even look good on a smaller-sized wide-screen laptop, as long as you’re comfortable with small launcher icons! Here’s what you’ll need to bring this look to life on your Windows machine:
- The Glass Bead Wallpaper from Wallpapers Wide
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Nyx skin for Rainmeter to create the bar with the feeds and the weather display
- The ICS Lockscreen Clock for Rainmeter to create the time and date display
- The Frosted Elegance theme for the mail icon in the bottom bar
- The Simplicity theme for Rainmeter for the system monitors
- The Encoded theme for Rainmeter for the divider between the monitors
- RocketDock to replace the Windows taskbar with a dock-style launcher
- The Full Width Dark skin for RocketDock to set it against a black backdrop
- The Windows Phone 7 icon pack for RocketDock to customise the icons
It’s a lot of components to make everything look just right, but the final effect is great. If you like what you see, but you don’t know how to get everything just so, Silvio has been kind enough to answer questions over on his Flickr page, so head over there and ask away. Don’t forget to tell him how much you like his work while you’re there!
Desk 1 [Flickr]