Mac: No more waiting for the Mavericks update for Mac owners. Apple releases it today as a free update via the Mac App Store, and it works on Mac models going back as far as 2007.
Picture: Getty Images
To install the update, you need to be running OS X 10.6.8 (Mountain Lion). These are the hardware models it supports:
- iMac (mid-2007 or newer)
- MacBook (late 2008 aluminium, or early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (mid- or late 2007 or newer)
- Xserve (early 2009)
- MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (early 2008 or newer)
You can expect Apple’s servers to be hit fairly hard, so updating may take a little while. For a full list of what’s new in Mavericks, check out our overview.