Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: GM’s tiny self-driving ‘smartcar’ in action, get big discounts on the best PC games not on Steam, the best music streaming services in Australia.
- Tomorrow is your last chance to take advantage of the Not On Steam Sale, a deals site focusing on PC indie games that you can’t currently buy on Steam. There’s over 60 titles to choose from, all of which have been heavily discounted. Click here to start shopping!
- Attention musos: Gizmodo has published a guide to the best music streaming services currently available in Australia, as well as a look at what’s not going to come here. From usual suspects like iTunes to more esoteric fare like Grooveshark, its list is pretty exhaustive.
- To promote its upcoming Carrie remake, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer set up a fake telekinetic incident in a coffee shop. The crowd’s reaction is pretty hilarious.
- GM’s new Electric Networked Vehicles, or EN-V is a zero-emission, autonomous, wirelessly connected “car” that drives itself. To avoid collisions the EN-V uses front-mounted ultrasonic and vision systems, as well as a roof-mounted GPS and wireless antenna. You can see more photos of the EN-V in action here.
- Have you ever wondered which breakfast spreads are the healthiest? Our pals over at Popsugar Health & Fitness have compared the far, sodium, sungar and calories in 10 popular brands, including Vegemite, Capilano Honey and Kraft Peanut Butter. Click here to see which condiment comes out on top.