Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including the age of the typical Australian gamer, new places to buy a Kindle, and our favourite smartphone apps, tools and toys.
- Computer gaming is still presented far too often as a “kids only” pursuit, which is why new research from IGEA confirming that the age of the average gamers is 32 years is very welcome. Coincidentally, that’s the precise age of Kotaku editor Mark Serrels.
- Speaking of Kotaku, Mark joined with his fellow editors from Lifehacker and Gizmodo in listing our favourite smartphone apps, tools and toys. (My own selections involved drinking and zombies.)
- Another option for picking up a Kindle at an Australian retail store: the ABC Shop has joined Big W and Dick Smith in selling the popular ereader. Only the Wi-Fi version is on offer, and Amazon itself is cheaper, but something to note if you don’t want to wait.
- Yoga can improve your sex life. POPSUGAR Fitness explains how. We have nothing to add.
- Finally, if you haven’t seen it yet, check out the Doctor Who 50th anniversary trailer. Only a month to go!