Dobbie03’s Linux desktops are always beautiful, and this one is no exception. This tricked out Elementary OS config is well laid out, easy on the eyes, and easy to work with too. Here’s how to make it yours.
If you’re running Elementary OS, the lightweight and minimalist Linux distro (originally based on Ubuntu), this will be easier, but you don’t have to have eOS. You can use these tweaks on whatever distribution you’re running. Here’s what you’ll need:
- The wallpaper from Wallbase
- The Avant Window Navigator (AWN) dock utility for Linux
- The Token Light icon pack for the dock icons
- Wingpanel Slim, part of the Elementary Tweaks package (installation instructions here) to shrink the status panel on the upper right side of the screen
- Dobbie03’s custom Conky config, also avaiable in a comment at his DeviantArt page
That’s all you need to get the job done, and you can see how beautiful the end result is.