Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 10 surprising sex facts, Vodafone launches 2013 App Aid, the finest cosplayer gallery you will see today.
Sex picture from Shutterstock
- This week, the world celebrated Global Female Condom Day 2013 which attempts to raise awareness about female condoms (not to be confused with diaphragms). To help commemorate the occasion, PopSugar Health & Fitness has published a list of 10 Surprising Sex Facts; including how long Australians spend on average in the sack. (Also be sure to check out our friends-with-benefits guide. Ooh-er! Etc.)
- The bods over at Kotaku can always be relied upon to find the best video game cosplayers. Click here to see their latest awe-inspiring gallery. We particularly like the Mass Effect Turians and BioShock freakshow — wow!
- Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Nuance Australia has launched a pair of limited-edition Australian design Beats headphones finished in green and gold (or yellow, to be more precise). The headphones are exclusively available at Nuance Australia stores at Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane airports. If you're feeling patriotic, they'll set you back $359.
- The Vodafone Foundation is now accepting entries for 2013 App Aid challenge; an initiative that aims to help Australian charities develop mobile solutions to assist the communities they serve. Developers and tech startups are invited to enter challenge from today, with Vodafone providing funding for the development, marketing and business case of the charity app's prototype.
- The latest bloody entry in the Grand Theft Auto series has finally landed. Click here and here to read about all the midnight launch antics — including a controversial fake cocaine stunt. You might also want to check out the definitive Kotaku review.
- In Gizmodo's latest Aussie Adventure Rides, editor Luke Hopewell tries on a water jetpack for size. The petrol-powered, 250 horsepower motor is capable of propelling the wearer 10 metres into the air. Click here to witness the mayhem.