We've all had our share of good and bad bosses, but what made us like or dislike them? While our personal opinions take a share of the credit, consistent qualities tend to crop up when we look at good management. What do you think makes a great leader?
Famous advertising executive David Ogilvy offers up an interesting list:
01. High standards of personal ethics.
02. Big people, without pettiness.
03. Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
04. Brilliant brains -- not safe plodders.
05. A capacity for hard work and midnight oil.
06. Charisma -- charm and persuasiveness.
07. A streak of unorthodoxy -- creative innovators.
08. The courage to make tough decisions.
09. Inspiring enthusiasts -- with trust and gusto.
10. A sense of humour.
What's on yours?
Original Mad Man David Ogilvy on the 10 Qualities of Creative Leaders [Brainpickings via Swissmiss]