Flipland's desktop is simple -- a calming wallpaper, a desk-style calendar, some weather widgets on the side, and an inspirational quote in the centre. It's personal without getting in the way of productivity.
The Mac desktop is calming, informative, and it's a bit like a desk calendar as well as a workspace. That's why we like it.
Want the same look for your Mac? Here's what you'll need to get it:
- The Horizons wallpaper from Wallbase (one of the ones Apple included with OS X 10.6)
- The GeekTool system monitor and configuration utility for OS X
- The Dateline Style Calendar geeklet for the calendar across the top of the screen
- The Disk Capacity geeklet at the bottom of the screen
- The Current Weather and Weather Forecast geeklets on the left side of the screen
That's all there is to it! GeekTool can be a little finicky to set up and get working, so don't hesitate to check out our guide to GeekTool if you need help setting it up or want resources for more geeklets to try out.