John W's desktop isn't the cleanest, but it does keep his icons and shortcuts organised. The widgets are placed where he can see them, and we dig his wallpaper. Here's how you can get the same effect.
Here's what you need:
- The wallpaper from Simple Desktops
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma Suite for Rainmeter or the RSS, weather, and system status widgets. John notes: "I used the Enigma Dark stylesheet and shadow opacity set to 1."
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter for the clock and date
- The Small Spotify with Album Art skin for the music player
- The Rainmeter Steam Pack for the Steam-related headlines
- StarDock's Fences to keep the desktop icons organised into groups and easy to hide with a quick key-toggle. John notes: "My icon groups are set to 60% opacity and are nameless."