A6UZ’s desktop is a bit more like a heads-up display than many of the others we’ve seen, with useful information ringed around a centre workspace and a wallpaper that seems to stretch back into infinity. It’s a great setup to sit down to and start working, but everything is out of the way enough to be functional while working.
Want the same look here for your Windows machine? Here’s what you’ll need:
- The wallpaper
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Ribbits skin for Rainmeter for the network information corner in the top left
- The i2 Bar skin for Rainmeter for the status and weather bar across the top of the screen
- The Omnimo 5 theme for Rainmeter, using its text panels for the Now Playing display on the left, the bar across the center of the screen, and the power/shutdown/etc buttons
- The NovaSev skin for Rainmeter for the date/time on that center bar
- StarDock’s ObjectDock for the application launcher at the bottom of the screen
- The B’lac background for ObjectDock to turn the launcher black
- The Token Light Icon Pack for the icons in the launcher
There’s a good number of skins and themes here, but they all combine to create a look that’s pretty unified. Similarly, if you don’t need any specific element, just leave it out and the final product will look just as good.