Lifehacker reader komodo009’s clean-looking desktop has one thing that stands out: the nine-button “dialpad” app laucher in the centre of the screen. Combined with a keyboard app launcher, it’s functional and good-looking.
Want to try this out on your Windows machine? Here’s what you’ll need:
- The wallpaper from Wallpoper
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Encoded suite for Rainmeter for the clock and date in the centre
- The Minimal Typography skin for Rainmeter for the system info display
- The Shine 2.0 visual theme for Windows to tweak the overall look and feel
- The Emiko Launcher for the nine-button “app dialpad” in the centre of the screen
Once you have the whole package assembled, it looks really sharp. Of course, if you don’t need the clock or the system monitors on-screen, you could just keep the app launcher and tweak the other stuff. Luckily, everything works just as well with its individual components as it does together.