Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: $100 million earmarked for mobile phone blackspots if Coalition gains power, SMASH cosplay highlights, the 10 hardest logic puzzles ever created.
- The Coalition has promised to throw $100 million at the nation’s telcos to improve mobile phone blackspots and dropout areas around the country if they win the federal election. The pledge would see an Abbott government spend $100 million over four years to build new cell towers in remote, rural and outer metropolitan areas to improve mobile phone coverage to those not living in big cities. Read the full report here.
- SMASH is a Manga and Anime convention that took place at the Convention Center in Darling Harbour last week. The event was notable for some truly out-of-this-world cosplay — here are the video highlights.
- Earlier today, Ford unveiled some of its newest automobiles to roll off the production line, including the Ford Fiesta ST. You can read all about the sporty hatchback over at Gizmodo.
- If you fancy yourself a bit of a smartypants, here's your chance to pit your brain against some of the world’s hardest logic puzzles ever created. How many can you successfully solve?
- Have you ever wondered how may calories are in your favourite coffee? PopSugar Health & Fitness has published a Calorie Showdown featuring ten popular coffee styles, from short black to mocha.