Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Test your geek knowledge with this pop culture crib sheet, every 4G tablet in Australia compared, watch Fallout: Lanius; the Australian made Fallout short movie.
- These days, being a geek is cool and something that people proclaim with pride. But are you a true, card-carrying geek or merely a poser? This infographic from the guys at Virtualhosting.com details 50 pop culture facts that any geek worth their salt should know.
- Fresh on the heels of its 4G smartphone buying guide, Gizmodo has produced the inevitable 4G tablet followup article. The guide lists every tablet on the market and includes key features and specifications as well as general buying tips such as choosing a telco and setting your budget.
- Vodafone is offering a free Extreme K4605 modem or Extreme Pocket wi-fi device to Crazy John broadband customers who bring their mobile broadband service number to the telco. "Bring your Crazy John’s device with you to the Vodafone store by 31 August 2013 and we’ll give you a free device plus a free Vodafone SIM2 with 3GB welcome credit (30 day expiry)," the telco promises. [Via OzBargain]
- Anyone out there remember the point-and-click adventure game Simon The Sorcerer? Despite flagrantly ripping off the same formula as The Secret Of Monkey Island it was an entertaining romp that had plenty of rib-tickling jokes. Well, it's now available on Android for $4.63.
- Fallout: Lanius is an Australian fan-made short film that tells the origin story of Legate Lanius from the video game Fallout: New Vegas. It's surprisingly polished for a $20,000 movie and is essential viewing for any Fallout fan. Click here to see the whole short.