Your desk shape, workspace layout, furniture, and even the colour of your office affect how you work. 99U took a look at the studies showing what matters and where it matters when you’re trying to create the perfect workspace.
99U points to a collection of studies that suggests how a few different office layouts are better than others. The biggest takeaways include:
- When office workers get to arrange their own space, productivity is increased.
- Rounded furniture tends to provoke more creativity.
- Blue and green are linked to creativity, while red is linked to better attention to detail.
- Office plants lower stress levels.
- Messy desks can be a great boon for creativity.
Obviously, everyone’s a little different, but the studies at least show how to point yourself in the right direction of a well-tuned desk. Head over to 99u for a full breakdown of the science behind a well-optimised desk.