If you want the best of Android and OS X, this desktop combines Android's icons with the wallpaper and fonts from the upcoming OS X update, 10.9 "Mavericks". Best of all, it's not hard to set up. Here's how to do it.
Lifehacker reader knighthawk2 makes a lot of these custom desktops for his blog (link below), and we highlighted one of his previous ones, the Jelly Bean Desktop, not too long ago. If you want this look on your Windows machine, here's what you'll need:
- The OS X Mavericks Wallpaper
- The XWidget customisation platform for Windows
- The Android Taskbar and Weathertime widgets for XWidget to create the on-screen clock and the taskbar with Android buttons at the bottom of the screen
- The RocketDock application launcher for the taskbar replacement at the bottom of the screen
- The Android icon pack for Rocketdock
That's all you'll need for this desktop. You'll notice that this particular setup uses XWidget instead of Rainmeter for its customisation needs. If you like the look and feel here, head over to knighthawk2's Flickr page and let him know how much you like his work!