Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: complete our Work reader’s survey for your chance to win an Acer Aspire P3 ultrabook, winter workout solutions, pro golfer vs. golf robot.
- The creator of an emergency Facebook page used during Tasmania’s January bushfires his the basis of tonight’s episode of Australian Story on the ABC. Mel Irons’ Tassie Fires – We Can Help Facebook page emerged as a key tool to bypass clogged official channels during the January crisis. Irons has since been employed by the Tasmanian Government to assist in the development of a new public information website. You can watch her story tonight at 8pm.
- We recently wrote about how technology has enriched golfing for the blind — but it’s also being used to tackle players head on. In this video , pro golfer Rory McIlroy tests his skills against a robotic opponent dubbed the Golf Laboratory Computer Controlled Hitting Machine; which wasn’t above a bit of good-natured trash talk.
- We’re always striving to make things better for Lifehacker readers — but we need your help to make it happen. Tell us about yourself in our Lifehacker Work Reader Survey and you could win yourself an Acer Aspire P3 ultrabook for your troubles.
- HP Technology at Work 2013 is a free one-day event where IT pros can learn the latest about cloud, big data, mobility and security in the workplace. We’re offering attendees the chance to win an HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 valued at $639 — just by registering and attending. Click here for more details.
- Have you ever heard of the 1983 movie Joysticks? The film was shot over 13 days in a warehouse and contains more classic retro arcade cabinets than you can shake a joystick at. You can learn more about this slice of mouldy gaming cheese and watch a video of the film over at Kotaku.
- Sticking to an exercise regime is difficult — especially when you have the winter chill to content with. PopSugar Health & Fitness has published some handy winter workout solutions ranging from cold mornings to exercising with the flu.