This week's featured desktop makes use of a wallpaper we featured in Weekly Wallpaper last week, and adds some smart Rainmeter skins over top of it for a personal touch. stylised date in the centre, system monitors on the left, and a stylised clock in the upper right. Simple and easy.
This is a pretty easy desktop to set up, so if you're curious about Rainmeter and want to get started with it, give this one a try — it has the elements you'll see in most featured desktops, and you can move on from there. Here's what you'll need:
- The wallpaper from The Paper Wall
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Cabal skin for Rainmeter to create the system monitors on the left
- The Elementary skin for Rainmeter to create the sylized date in the center
- The MemoDijay's Suite for Rainmeter for the clock on the upper right
That's all there is to this one. It's simple to configure, and looks pretty good, even if this one is more form than function. Still, it's a great starter desktop if you're interested in customisation and building a desktop that could eventually be featured here!
If you need help, check out our guide to Rainmeter for tips, or head over to C Shu Yang's Flickr page to ask your questions. Make sure to let him know how much you like his work if you do!
June Desktop Showcase [Flickr]