Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Visual Studio 2013 Preview available now, get a Convection Oven for $10, five lunch-hour workout ideas.
Exercise picture from Shutterstock
- iTunes gift cards seem to always be on sale somewhere. Today, it's The Good Guy's turn, who are offering 25% off iTunes gift cards until the end of the month. [Via GiftCardsOnSale]
- Microsoft announced the availability of Visual Studio 2013 Preview at its Build 2013 conference today. "This is a “go-live” preview meaning, if you are comfortable upgrading production systems, we will support you. I do expect there are some bugs but we’ve been using it in our production environment for months," MS' Brian Harry explained on his blog. You can get the download here.
- If you're looking for a fast way to burn off some fat in your lunch break, PopSugar Health & Fitness have some beginners tips. Click here to check out their Five Lunch-Hour Workout Ideas.
- Sometimes job advertisements are too clever for their own good. Last week, the Royal Australian Air Force published an online maths formula which it invited engineers to try and solve. Cracking the formula produced a phone number which the engineer could then call to apply for a job. However, the formula – which involves infinite sums, integrals, complicated trigonometry and imaginary numbers – didn't actually produce the intended phone number. Oops. Read the full report here.
- DealsDirect is today selling a Micasa Convection Oven & Multi Cooker for just $10. The cooker has a 12 Litre capacity and a temperature range of 65 to 250 degrees. It also comes with half-price shipping, bringing the total to around $16. [Via OzBargain]