Wondering when the sweet new versions of Android will land on your device? You’re in luck: each week, Gizmodo Australia will take you through all of the handset updates currently being tested on Australian mobile networks (Optus, Telstra and Vodafone), and tell you when you can expect them on your device.
• Samsung Galaxy Galaxy SIII — Android 4.1.2 update fix for re-locking currently in testing.
• HTC One S — A new version of firmware for the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is now in second round testing.
• HTC Titan 4G — Windows Phone 7.8 update held. “Telstra approved the update on 14 February however Microsoft is investigating some reports related to Live Tile functionality in Windows Phone 7.8 and as a result a new FW submission has been provided.”
• Samsung Omnia W — Windows Phone 7.8 update approved by Telstra, awaiting rollout from Samsung.
• LG c900k — Windows Phone 7.8 update approved by Telstra, awaiting rollout from LG.
• LG Optimus Black — Telstra says that the Android 4.0.4 delivery date has slipped to 10 May as a result of LG.
• Samsung Galaxy Note — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean submitted and now in testing.
• Samsung Galaxy S II — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update approved, currently awaiting roll-out by Samsung.
• Sony Xperia P — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean approved by Telstra.
Republished from Gizmodo.