The web version of the much-loved coffee locator app Beanhunter has just received a major overhaul. The update includes a completely redesigned interface, improved search functionality, region pages and one of those little barista-designed leaf logos in the froth, probably.
Coffee picture from Shutterstock
Beanhunter is a crowd sourcing web service that points to the best coffee spots around the world. "It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for the best coffee in Sydney, Melbourne, London, New York, Singapore or San Francisco, Beanhunter is the fastest and most reliable resource to use," the company boasted.
Normally, this sort of smug self-aggrandisement would prompt a tossed coffee in the face, but in this instance we'd have to agree with 'em -- the mobile version of Beanhunter received our Editor's Pick for the best mobile app of 2012.
- The main new additions to Beanhunter are as follows:
- Redesigned interface
- Improved search
- Region pages (e.g. Fitzroy, Melbourne etc.)
- Login with your Facebook account
- Easy sharing of your activity on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow your friends to find out where they’re drinking coffee via the activity feed
- Brand new cafe page layout highlighting the best content and the key information that you need to find good coffee
If you're serious about coffee drinking, Beanhunter is well worth checking out. You can see the webapp's new look by paying a visit to the Beanhunter website. (A similar update for the iPhone app is also coming soon.)