A combination of well placed widgets, sharp use of Objectdock, text shortcuts and an adorable wallpaper make this week's featured desktop worth duplicating. Reader M. Adams built this two-toned setup with no icons on the desktop and an auto-hidden taskbar to keep organised, and created a desktop that was a joy to look at even when he wasn't using the system.
Want the same look for your Windows system? Here's what you'll need:
- The wallpaper from Wallbase
- The Rainmeter a system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma Suite for Rainmeter to create the sidebar on the left
- The WP7 theme for Rainmeter
- The StarDock's ObjectDock for the toolbar at the bottom right of the screen
- The Token icon set from DeviantArt for use with ObjectDock
This desktop is particularly nice because of the two-toned layout and how cleanly everything is laid out. You can open up lots of windows on the right hand side of the screen and still get work done without worrying about easily launching applications or getting to the shortcuts on the left.