This week's featured desktop, from Lifehacker reader Silver_January, is similar to last week's sleepy fox desktop. However, it offers different on-screen information, most notably stronger shortcuts to apps and folders, and more useful weather data in the centre. The wallpaper is sharp looking too.
Want the same look for your Windows desktop? You won't need much to make it happen:
- The wallpaper from Wallbase
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The S7DE skin for Rainmeter for the shortcut sidebar on the right
- The Do I Need a Jacket skin for Rainmeter for actually useful weather information on the desktop
- The Big Digital Clock skin for Rainmeter for the time display
- StarDock's Fences to keep the desktop neat and tidy, and all the icons hidden
That's all there is to it! The wallpaper adds a lot to the look of this desktop, and the shortcut bar on the right means you'll never have to dig for your favourite apps, shortcuts or folders. Plus, it's a nice and simple Rainmeter config that won't require a billion plugins and tweaks just to get working. If you run into issues trying to duplicate the layout, check out our guide to Rainmeter for some tips.