Windows: Preme adds a collection of useful tweaks to window management on Windows, including the ability to scroll windows without clicking on them. We featured Preme once before, but it bears repeating now that Windows 8 is out and this app has been updated with a nicer interface.
It’s now much easier to selectively enable features and assign actions to hot corners. Here’s what Preme can do:
- Perform a number of actions by hovering over the screen corner.
- Keep windows on top, minimise by scrolling, and more from the title bar.
- Pressing ESC twice to close the active window
- Drag the maximise button to in any direction to snap a window to a side or corner of the screen.
- Remap keyboard shortcuts to other keys or built-in Preme actions.
- Hide a window off the edge of the screen by holding or dragging the minimise button. Hover over the edge of the screen to reveal it again.
- Scroll a non-focused window by hovering your cursor over it and using your scroll wheel.
- Right-click an app in the taskbar and your cursor will automatically jump to “Close window”.
Preme is a free download for Windows.