One of the challenges we've set to enter our competition to win a fully-paid trip to TechEd North America in New Orleans in June is telling us why New Orleans is a great location for a technology event. If you need a little inspiration in that department, here are five random facts about New Orleans that might help fire you up.
New Orleans picture from Shutterstock ()
- New Orleans has three active streetcar (tram) lines: more than Sydney but less than Melbourne.
- Street signs on entering the town proclaim it to be 'America's Most Interesting City'.
- The Morial Convention Center, where TechEd is taking place, was one of the main sites used to temporarily house residents left homeless by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Although New Orelans riverboat operators sometimes claim that their vessel was the one used to film the music video for Culture Club's 1980s classic 'Karma Chameleon', that video was actually shot in the UK.
- There is no single definitive recipe for gumbo, the signature dish of the city (and of Louisiana). Why not make up your own?
We've been enjoying the entries so far in the competition, but the gates are still wide open. Get working on your entry today and you could find yourself in New Orleans come June. What are you waiting for? Enter now!