Wondering when the sweet new versions of Android will land on your device? You're in luck: each week, Gizmodo Australia will take you through all of the handset updates currently being tested on Australian mobile networks (Optus, Telstra and Vodafone), and tell you when you can expect them on your device.
• Samsung Galaxy S II (Vodafone and 3 Variants) — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean second round software received, will enter testing shortly.
• Sony Xperia TX — Sony preparind first round of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for submission to Vodafone for testing. We incorrectly stated last week that round one testing had been completed. Apologies for the confusion.
• Sony Xperia sola — Android 4.0.4 Maintenance Release now available.
After a few weeks on hiatus, we now have Telstra updates, and there are a lot!
• Samsung Galaxy Nexus — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean should now be available for all Telstra customers. Telstra has been conducting a four-stage roll-out of the update to manage the load which should have been completed on 4 March. Check the post to see the roll-out times.
• HTC One XL — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean now available.
• HTC One S — Waiting for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean submission from HTC.
• Motorola RAZR M — Android 4.1 Jelly Bean now available.
• Nokia Lumia 920 — Windows Phone GDR1 update now available.
• HTC 8X — Windows Phone GDR1 update now available.
• Samsung Galaxy S III — Android 4.1.2 update now available, rolled-out to fix what Samsung is calling a "serious issue". Read more about it here.
• LG Optimus Black — Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich now in first round testing.
No updates from Optus this week.
Republished from Gizmodo