iOS has an incredible number of options when it comes to weather apps. For Australian users Pocket Weather remains the one to beat.
- Hourly temperature updates for NSW, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia
- Automatic forecast updates based on your current location
- Push warnings for BOM weather alerts
- Tide data included and accessible offline
- Full set of Australian rain radars
- Satellite maps and synoptic charts
- Forecast data included on app badge
There are lots of weather apps on the iPhone that suit different needs. The other popular free apps — AccuWeather, The Weather Channel and Weather Underground — are good alternatives if you don’t want to pay for a locally-oriented version.
Lifehacker’s App Directory is a growing directory of recommendations for the best applications and tools in a number of given categories.