Got a few likes on Facebook you wish your friends couldn't see? Here's how to hide them from your friends without missing out on updates from those pages in your news feed.
When you like a movie, music artist, or other page on Facebook, you can keep up with all the latest goings-on of that page: upcoming concerts, DVD releases, and other handy stuff like that. However, if some of your Facebook likes are on the "guilty pleasure" side, you may want to hide them from other people. Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't let you hide individual likes from your "About" page -- but it will let you hide whole categories.
Fortunately, there are enough categories that you probably don't use a few of them. So, to hide your embarrassing likes, here's what you need to do:
- Go to the Likes page of your profile and click Edit.
- Remove your embarrassing like from its current category by hovering over it and clicking the "X" that shows up.
- Scroll down to one of the other categories that you don't use -- such as "Sports Teams", "Video Games" or "Inspirational People" -- and change its privacy setting to "Only Me."
- Next, add your embarrassing likes to that category. Even if they don't fit -- say, adding Taylor Swift to Sports Teams -- Facebook will still let you put them there.
- Click the "Done Editing" button at the top of your page and continue using Facebook as normal.
You'll still see that page under all your Likes, but your friends won't. You'll still be able to get that page's useful updates without your friends ever knowing. Check out the video above to see this little workaround in action.